Sunday, January 5, 2020

First Finish of 2020 & A New Start

Just a quick post to show you my first finish of 2020.  I’m not sure when I will get around to the FFO.
It has been a long time since I have stitched a sampler.  It has also been awhile since I have stitched a piece using only one color of floss.

I have lots of framed samplers lining the wall of my stairway.  Not sure if I will frame this one or make it into a pillow/pincushion.

Heart In Hand Redbird Sampler
On 36 ct linen
Stitched with Weeks Dye Works Lancaster Red overdyed floss
Started 12/24/19
Finished 1/3/20

A finish calls for a new start even though I have plenty of WIPs to finish.  This new start by Heartstring Samplery was a Dyeing To Stitch Ladies Prim Society club kit from Autumn 2018.


How about you?  Started any new stitching projects for the new year?



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Redbird Sampler finish! Looks great! What a fabulous design you picked for your new start! I always start a new project on January 1st. Wishing you a very happy and stitch-filled New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna: I love the red color thread, I am a sampler lover small and large.
    I am looking forward to seeing what you finish it into.
    Your new start id lovely, I look forward to your progress.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sweet red sampler, and your new start for the new year. Those clubs always have the most special deigns to offer. I started another Quaker on the 1st...Quaker Street by Marjorie Massey. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Donna! It is so good to be back in blogland again. I have missed all of my blogging friends so much.

    I love the redbird sampler. You are off to a great start for 2020' I too am looking forward to seeing how you finish it. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete