Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Time to Celebrate

I've been making quite a few cards during the past 2 weeks; however, I've been too busy to stop and blog about them.  Here is a picture of a birthday card I made earlier this week:


The brown patterned paper is from Authentique's Journey Collection.  I got the 6x6 bundle pad at Archiver's on Tuesday.  The main colors in the Journey Collection are brown, blue, and gray.  I cut the brown patterned paper slightly smaller than my 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 blue card.  A cream colored ribbon was attached to the bottom of the brown paper which was then adhered to the blue cardstock.

I stamped the "time to....." stamp (from the Close to my Heart "You & Me" stamp set) onto some light blue patterned paper from the Authentique Journey Collection, cut around the stamped area and used foam dimentionals to adhere it to the brown paper.   To finish out the front of the card, I adhered 4 brown "pearls" (2 of 2 different sizes) to the ribbon. 

Inside (sorry, no pic) I stamped "celebrate!" in black ink.  I used this as a birthday card but the sentiments would also work for anniversary, retirement or wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment