Friday, April 27, 2012

Catching Up!

Spring chores have taken control of my schedule over the past few weeks and I have neglected my card crafting and needlework.  I have found time this week to work on a model cross-stitch project for Beth at Heartstring Samplery (the project is my little secret until it is completed and Beth releases the pattern).  I also met with three friends on Monday for some papercrafting fun!  I am currently working on a bridal shower card, two Mother's Day cards and some birthday cards.  May seems to be a busy month for birthdays! 

I thought I would post some pictures of a few cards that I made earlier this month......

Here's a cute card for a bridal shower - I got the inspiration for it on Pinterest:

Easter cards.............

And a baby card for a new great-nephew!

The stamps (buttons, frame and sentiment) on the baby card are from PaperTrey Inc. 

Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's That Time of Year for..................

Bridal Showers! I'll be hosting a bridal shower brunch next week. I thought I would post a photo of the invitations I crafted for the brunch.

After much searching (online and in-store), I finally found an umbrella stamp that I was pleased with.  The stamp was actually of a girl holding an umbrella - I just inked the umbrella part of the stamp.  I found the stamp at an Archiver's store.  It is also available on the manufacturer's (Stamping Bella)website.  The "bridal shower" stamp  is by A Muse Artstamps.  This was another stamp that I had a hard time locating.  I wanted a simple font  for the stamp.  I ended up ordering from the website.

The hearts were embossed and die-cut using Fashionable Hearts Embosslits Die that I got from Stampin' Up.  I used different colors of pink cardstock to make the hearts. 

I adhered the hearts with glue dots and rounded the corners of the white and pink cardstock. I used the computer to print (in pink ink, of course) the brunch "details" on white cardstock (rounded those corners too) and glued it to the back of the invite.  Pink ink was used to "distress" the edges of the white cardstock.