Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Starburst Card!!!

My card making friend, Marjorie, introduced me to the "starburst" card a few weeks ago.  I tried following a tutorial to assemble one shortly thereafter but things just didn't go right and I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it. 

Recently another card making friend, Cheryl, had success on her attempt at making the starburst card.  You *MUST* take a look at her cute cards

So this evening I finally decided to try once more.  Here is my starburst card:



The paper is from doodlebug design inc - snips & snails collection and the stamped sentiment "thinking of you" is from a Stampin' Up hostess set, Swirls & Curls Verses.  The other embellishments are from my "unidentified stash". 

I like the way the card turned out; however, it did take some time to get it assembled. 

Now it's *your* turn to make one of these!

5 comments:

  1. Donna, That's very pretty. I like it alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is really creative and fun. I've enjoyed browsing through your blog. I love getting inspiration from others, and you certainly have my wheels spinning.
    I'd love to have you play along sometime at:
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    Your art would be SUCH a blessing to us.

    Also, I have some blog candy on my personal blog. Stop on by. I'd love to become your follow as well, if you don't mind me doing so.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I have taken a look at your blog and the word art blog. Both look very interesting. I plan on looking over the word art "rules" and joining in soon. I have also started following your blog!

      Delete