Monday, March 11, 2019

End of February WIP update.....a few days late

My last post listed 4 neglected WIPs that I was going to get back into actively stitching again. However, I decided that the smart thing to do was to focus on only one of the WIPs.   Especially since I have 2 or 3 current WIPs that I am also working on (more about those in another post).  So the neglected WIP that has been put into active stitching status is Spring Flame Pin Cushion by Heartstring Samplery.

I started this project in 2015!  Here is a photo of the progress that I had made on it as of January 2018 when I laid it aside and didn’t pick it up again until last month.


So let’s take a look at my progress during the past month.  Not great, but I have been stitching on a couple of other current things also. The color looks more vibrant in this photo.....thanks to my new iPad.



What about the other three neglected WIPs?  Two of them, La-D-Da and The Hearts Content, will get put into my active stitching pile after I finish the Spring Flame Pin Cushion. 

After much thought, I have decided to abandon the Prairie Grove Peddler Honey Bee candle mat.  It has become one of those projects that I liked at one time but now I really don’t care about finishing it.  I decided that I have too many WIPs and even more in my "to-stitch stash" to spend time working on something that I no longer want to stitch.  I struggled with that decision.  I don’t like abandoning projects (or books!) but sometimes that is the best thing to do.  What about you?  Have you ever abandoned a stitching project?

I’ll post a progress report on the Spring Flame Pin Cushion at the end of March.  I also want to do a post on the 2019 Wholesale Needlework Market that was held in Nashville last weekend. (Can we say “more stash”?)   And I need to do a post on the current projects I’m working on.  So many blog posts to do, so little time.  See ya later.



3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful stitch. Love the colors. I'm anxious to watch it grow and see your other stitches that are coming up. Sorry I'm so late commenting...I've had that terrible flu that takes all your energy away. Have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna: This is such a beautiful design, I think you have great progress, the colors are beautiful.
    I think even if someone puts in only 20 cross's its still progress.
    I look forward to seeing your progress.

    Happy Spring
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete