Monday, April 21, 2014

Snail Mail Surprise

In the past I have blogged about model stitching for my friend Beth.  (If you missed those posts or would like to know exactly what model stitching is, you can read them here and here.)

The last project that I stitched for Beth was a pattern called Snow Zone.  The inspiration for the design came from a hooked mat that Beth found at an antique mall.  You can read Beth's blog post and see the antique hooked mat here.

Recently I received an envelope from Beth in the mail.  Hmmmmmm.....what's this?  Beth didn't tell me that she was sending me a package.  Let's see what is inside...







Since Beth has the original antique hooked mat of the Snow Zone design, she sent me the piece that I had model stitched for her.  Also enclosed was a "needle minder" with the cutest little pine cone design on it and the latest issue of Sampler and Needlework Quarterly magazine (which has a couple of patterns that I must put on my "to stitch" list).

What is a "needle minder"?  The round disk is magnetized so you can place your needle on it.  No more "where's my needle" panic attacks.  Needle minders are one of those "why didn't *I* think of that" inventions!

No comments:

Post a Comment