Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A complete finish.......in less than two weeks!

 Earlier this month I went to St. Charles, MO with two friends to attend the Celebration of Needlework show.  While there, I bought a pattern for a scissor sheath to stitch as a Christmas gift for a friend of mine.  

It only took me a week of sporadic stitching to complete the cross-stitch and I finished assembling the sheath this afternoon.  Assembling the sheath called for a blanket stitch which I don't do very often.  It took me a little while to get the hang of the blanket stitch but I was finally able to move at a more rapid pace.  

  The sheath is approximately 
3 3/4" high and 1 1/2" wide.  In the world of needlework, these tiny projects are called "smalls".

Halloween Scissors Sheath pattern
designer:  J. Designs by Julie

I also purchased a cute pair of swordfish scissors to include as part of the gift.



I am so pleased with how the sheath turned out......I may have to stitch one for me one of these days!



1 comment:

  1. A very cute sheath! Nice job with the blanket stitch.

    ReplyDelete