Saturday, October 18, 2014

Handmade Halloween Exchange

I participated in a Halloween swap that Kim over at Wisdom With Needle and Thread organized.  

My swap package came from Cheryll who lives in Australia!  Here is the handmade item that Cheryll sent me. How adorable is this!


The quilted wallhanging is approximately 8x10" and I have it hanging on the mantle in my living room.  Of course I love that it has a cat on it!  ;o)


Cheryll included some "extras" in the package that I received.  Halloween fabric (more cats!) and some DMC in Halloweeny (is that a word????) colors.



Cheryll also included some Australian souvenirs.....a keychain, zippered pouch, and postcard.



My handmade Halloween swap item was sent to Justine who lives in Cheshire (United Kingdom).  Here is a photo of the Halloween ornament that I made for Justine.  It is a Pine Mountain Designs pattern.



I did include some extras (cross-stitch patterns and Halloween fabrics) but forgot to take a photo of them.  Justine has posted photos of the "extras" that I sent her so take a look at her blog here.  

Swap participants are taking part in a blog "linky party" that Kim has set up so if you want to read more about the swap and see what each participant received, take a look at the linky party posts here.  Who knows.....you may decide to join the next Handmade Halloween swap!







8 comments:

  1. Very cute....lots of real cool goodies......

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful exchange gifts! Love them all - so glad you had fun - I'm looking forward to next year!
    hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gifts from Cheryll are fantastic! I love the ornament and the fabric.
    The Trick-or-Treat ornament you made is darling. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love my trick or treat ornament - thank you so much! I have photos of the other lovely items you sent on my blog. I'm happy to email them to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun exchange this was! I love both what you got and what you gave!!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great exchange, love both made & received pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ornament you stitched: it's so sweet!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete