Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Few More Completed Projects





I made this cute Halloween card a few days ago. The inspiration for the card came from a posting in the Sept 2011 issue of Card Maker magazine.


I stamped a pumpkin on orange card stock, colored the stem light green and added some grass around the base of the pumpkin in light green. I didn't have alphabet stickers - either the size was wrong (too small) or the color was wrong (hot pink??????????? I can't use hot pink for Halloween) - so........I got out my Fiskars Shape Cutter and Fiskars Alphabet Template to cut a "B" and "O" using cute black, white and orange stripe paper.


Then I tore the edge of the orange cardstock (for some reason, I resisted tearing paper for the longest time...........Now, I LOVE the look of torn paper), smudged the edge with black ink, adhered the "B" and "O" in the appropriate places using self-adhesive foam mounting tape (this adds some dimension to the letters), adhered the orange panel to black cardstock with permanent tape runner and attached the black panel to a card front.........finished before you could say "Boo!" The pumpkin stamp is an older Stampin' Up stamp.



On a different note, here are cross-stitch projects that've I've recently finished:






This is Kitty Cottage Sampler by Little House Needleworks which I actually finished stitching in January 2010 but only recently had framed.....I don't like to rush into things :o)


And another sampler that I stitched earlier this year for my nephew's June wedding:

Always and Forever - also by Little House Needleworks

Little House Needleworks is one of my favorite cross-stitch designers.

Oh, I also want to promote my friend Cheryl's card-making blog - she makes *awesome* cards - take a look!

1 comment: