Friday, November 4, 2011

Oh My!!

Today was the grand opening of the Archiver's store in Franklin. I usually don't get in "grand opening" mobs; however, we are talking cardstock, decorative papers, ink pads, rubber stamps....need I say more? I'll have to post some pics of the *cute* cardmaking supplies that I bought. In the meanwhile, I do have a picture of the free make-and-take card that I made at the store.





Red cardstock was used for the actual card. A gold paint-pen (made by Krylon....the spray paint people) was used to draw a border around a smaller piece of green cardstock....doesn't it look like the card has a piece of green cardstock adhered to a piece of gold cardstock? The Christmas trumpet and "Joy to the World" was stamped on the white die-cut piece using black ink. The ribbon on the trumpet was colored red using red marker; the red marker was also used to color the holly berries. A green marker was used to color the holly leaves. Gold glitter paint (in a squeeze bottle) was used to color in the trumpet. The gold paint pen (I think I may have to get me one of those) was used to make the gold border, which is hard to see in the picture, on the white die-cut.

The green cardstock was adhered to the red cardstock using tape adhesive. The stamped piece was adhered to the green cardstock using foam adhesives for dimension.


If you are not familiar with Archiver's, you need to stop by the store to see all the goodies they have. They also offer classes and have a "Free Crop Night" on Friday nights where you work on your projects using their equipment (die cutters and dies, heat embossers, etc).


No comments:

Post a Comment