Thursday, December 22, 2011

How My Hallmark Ornament Collection Got Started

When I was a teenager I had a penpal named Lori from Pennsylvania.  We were penpals for 3-4 years and each year she would send me an ornament for Christmas.  I lost touch with Lori a long time ago but I still have the ornaments that she gave me.  Above is a picture of "Spencer Sparrow" the Hallmark ornament that she sent me in 1979.  Isn't he the most festive sparrow that you've seen?  He doesn't look 32 years old - does he? 

Since 1979 I have added many Hallmark ornaments to my collection.  Below is a photo of some of my Hallmark "ball" ornaments that I display in a bowl at Christmas.  These are just a few of my favorite things......



This will be my last post before Christmas so................Merry Christmas to You. 

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS; for he shall save his people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21)

1 comment:

  1. Love the way you display your ornaments in a bowl - beautiful! :) Merry Christmas to you, too. Cathryn

    ReplyDelete