Saturday, January 4, 2014

End of the Week Progress Report

One of my resolutions for 2014 is to do more cross-stitching.  I enjoy cross-stitching but in the past few years I have focused more on paper crafts instead of needle crafts.  My goal is to stitch two Christmas ornaments each month and also to have an ongoing larger project.  I plan on doing a blog post each Saturday to show my progress (or lack of progress) each week.

I started two new projects on January 1 and while I have not had an entire week to work on them, I still wanted to do this "progress report" blog post.  Here is a photo of my current stitching projects.


The piece on the right, Merry Christmas, is the Christmas ornament that I am working on.  It is a Glory Bee design from the Just Cross-Stitch 2013 Annual Ornament Issue (more about that below).   I'm stitching it on 25 count evenweave.  The piece on the left (the ongoing larger project) Harvest Delivery, is a fairly new design from Plum Street Samplers.  I am stitching it on 32 count linen.  

Each year Just Cross-Stitch magazine publishes an annual ornament issue.  Here is the front cover of the 2013 issue.  It contains 76 ornament projects from snowmen and santas to peace and joy sentiments. 



Happy stitching!







No comments:

Post a Comment