Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekly Progress Report - What I'm Stitching

First up a photo of the large cross-stitch project that I'm working on.  If you compare this week's photo with the one I posted last week, you'll notice that we now have two pumpkins on the wagon.


I also started stitching my second ornament for the month....well, actually, as you'll see in the photos below, I started stitching TWO ornament projects.  My goal is to complete two ornaments each month so if I manage to finish both of these in the next 5 days, I'll be ahead by one!  Here goes......

This one, Christmas Tree, is by The Prairie Schooler.  I'm stitching it on linen using DMC.



And finally, Snow Birds, by Country Cottage Needleworks which I am stitching on 32 count linen using DMC.



I really wanted to keep stitching on this last night in order to give the poor bird some legs and an eye but I was exhausted...and if you are a stitcher, you probably know that stitching while one is exhausted usually results in errors which results in taking out stitches.  I've learned by experience and did not give in last night.  This little birdie will have to wait a few more hours for his legs and eye!

The Christmas ornament patterns can be found in the 2013 Just CrossStitch annual ornament issue.



No comments:

Post a Comment