Thursday, October 10, 2013

New Old Stamp Sets, A Card Challenge & How To Fix A Boo-Boo!

I really like nature-themed stamps.  Recently I saw these two stamp sets up for auction on Ebay.



I was surprised when I ended up being the winner!  Both sets were mine for less then $1.50 per stamp.  The top set is called Touch of Nature and was introduced by Stampin' Up in 2005 and the bottom set, Ageless Adornment, was introduced in 2004.

So, those are my *new* old stamp sets.  On to the next topic....a card challenge.  

I used two of the stamps from the Touch of Nature set to make this card which I am entering in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #101-Anything Goes.  



Supplies Used:

Cardstock - my stash
Patterned papers - My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two - Blush
Flower and sentiment stamp - Stampin' Up Touch of Nature

Finally, what's this about fixing a boo boo?  Well, the original design for the card was to have one flower (the one currently on the left side of card), the strip of floral paper was going to be vertical on the right hand side of the card, and the sentiment was going to be stamped diagonally in the area where the floral paper is currently located.  What went wrong??  I stamped the flower on the left side of card......"Boy, doesn't that look nice?"  (Yes, I talk to myself frequently while crafting).  Then, I stamped the sentiment.....what a blobby mess!!! "Great!  How am I going to fix that?"

That is when Plan B (what you see in the photo) was enacted.  Plan B also called for a little something in the upper right corner so I stamped another flower (just the head this time), cut it out, and popped it on with a foam square.  "Whew!"

I'm thinking that the flower stamp from the Touch of Nature set is going to get a lot of use.  I love the simple, yet pretty, look it has. 

3 comments:

  1. Great recovery....as usual! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card looks outstanding. I am pleased to see your eBay haul. I so like rubber stamps and did some bidding myself but thought I should use some of mine at least once. This is beautiful. We hope to see you again next week with more projects.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card. I can't really see the boo-boo you are talking about. Everything really just seem to fall into place. Love it! Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday and would love to see you back for our new Challenge. Hugs and blessings!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete