Saturday, October 5, 2013

One of My Stitching Projects

I am working on this tiny Christmas ornament.  It is a Glory Bee pattern from the 2012 Just CrossStitch Christmas Ornament issue.


I'm stitching it on 32 count linen over one thread using one strand of over-dyed floss.  If you are not a stitcher, that last sentence means absolutely nothing to you.   To give a real simple explanation, it means that the stitches in this piece are really small.  

I'm almost finished with it.  All I have left to do is the word 'you' which will be done with a Smyrna cross stitch (for my non-stitching friends a Smyrna cross is a specialty stitch) over two threads.  My plan is to make this into a little hanging ornament.  The finished size will be approx. 1.25"x1.75".


2 comments:

  1. So pretty! My 16 year old daughter has been cross stitching like crazy lately. She is making bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good!! Can't wait to see it finished into an ornament.

    ReplyDelete